(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Reply Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Cheek of it!!

The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 11 months ago #13136

• Dave H
  • Getting some air
Who would believe it -

For those who have met him and shared his warped sense of humour and bespoke riding skills:laugh: - Mr Davy Brodie has asked me to request entry for him to the squad(only because he's stuck in an 80's time warp and can't use a PC) !!

Whilst out riding his carbon road bike on Saturday he descided that rather than take on a downhill, sharp right hand bend at speed, he would bottle it and go straight through a gap in a fence and then attempt a 2' drop off:silly:, resulting in a broken collerbone

Let me know what you think Ger? There can't be many out there that would attempt a 2' drop off with a set of 700 C's under them:lol:

Cheers

Dave
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 11 months ago #13138

• David Auld
  • Legend in the saddle
Ouch !! - As nasty ( and impressive ! ) as Davy's incident sounds I'm afraid this entry may be refused - if you check the entry requirements for the Suicide Squad it clearly states :

"Note that all Entries must be witnessed by at least another two riders. Nae “solo” entries will be permitted. Photographic or Video evidence will greatly increase your chances of entry and a picture published in MBR gets automatic approval."

Even if the first couple of criteria are met I'm sure a Roadie would never get a picture published in MBR

I'm sure Wing Commander Gery "Gman"Gallagher and Squadron Leader Brian "Mechanicals" Jenkins will be along to give their verdict.

Kind regards

Squadron Leader Davy "Auldy" Auld

PS - All the best Dave B, hope you are on the mend and back on the bike soon.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by David A.
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 11 months ago #13139

• suzyb
  • Legend in the saddle
Poor bike
stewart wrote:
Suzy your no slow your just really good at conserving your energy;)
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 11 months ago #13142

• wcg
  • Administrator
  • There can be only ONE
David Auld wrote:
Ouch !! - As nasty ( and impressive ! ) as Davy's incident sounds I'm afraid this entry may be refused - if you check the entry requirements for the Suicide Squad it clearly states :

"Note that all Entries must be witnessed by at least another two riders. Nae “solo” entries will be permitted. Photographic or Video evidence will greatly increase your chances of entry and a picture published in MBR gets automatic approval."

Even if the first couple of criteria are met I'm sure a Roadie would never get a picture published in MBR

I'm sure Wing Commander Gery "Gman"Gallagher and Squadron Leader Brian "Mechanicals" Jenkins will be along to give their verdict.

Kind regards

Squadron Leader Davy "Auldy" Auld

PS - All the best Dave B, hope you are on the mend and back on the bike soon.

as Squadron Leader Auld has put it so elequantly, I feel that as I know Davy personally it would not be appropiate to comment, therefor I will defer to the 2 Squadron leaders to decide

WCG
Trek 930 last of the Cro Molys, : Genesis IO ID 1st of the new Cro Molys
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 11 months ago #13143

• david weir
  • Legend in the saddle
Gerry
One of the responsibilities of leadership is actually to make decisions using the clear criteria set out. You cant chicken out of this as it could lead to indiscpline within the ranks of the ordinary enlisted men, so step up to the plate G and put the poor boy out of his misery. Is he in or oot??

Davie
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by david weir.
Reply Quote

Re:The Cheek of it!! 2 years, 11 months ago #13145

• wcg
  • Administrator
  • There can be only ONE
david weir wrote:
Gerry
One of the responsibilities of leadership is actually to make decisions using the clear criteria set out. You cant chicken out of this as it could lead to indiscpline within the ranks of the ordinary enlisted men, so step up to the plate G and put the poor boy out of his misery. Is he in or oot??

Davie

Davie you are quite correct to a point, however there is alway a structure in every organisation
At the end of the day if a clear decision is made then that is the end of it, however if said candidate is not happy and wishes to appeal against said decision, then it falls to me as you rightly say "to make the decision"

so in answer to your question if Davy B appeals it falls to me to say Yes or No, unfortunately I cannot give my answer as that would be unfair and could prejudice any future appeals

please feel free to phone me & i will give you my answer; off the record of course)
Trek 930 last of the Cro Molys, : Genesis IO ID 1st of the new Cro Molys
Reply Quote
Reply Topic
  • Page: